국가등록문화재삼척 성내동성당 (三陟 城內洞聖堂)
|분 류||등록문화재 / 기타 / 종교시설|
|수량/면적||1동, 1층, 건축면적 404.35㎡|
|소 재 지||강원 삼척시 성당길 34-84 (성내동)|
영동남부지방 복음전파의 근거지로 천주교 발전사적으로 의의가 있으며, 1950년대 후반의 지방건축기술을 알 수 있는 자료임.
This building has a high significance in terms of the developmental history of Catholicism as the stronghold for spreading gospel in the southern part of Yeongdong area. It also provides data on regional architectural technology of the late 1950s. • In 1946, the church began as Samcheok secondary station of Gangneung parish church in Sajik 2-ri. • On October 7, 1949, the church purchased and repaired a building in Namyang 2-ri that was affiliated with Jeoksan Gaok Store, and was promoted to Samcheok Parish Church. • In November 1957, the church in Namyang 2-ri was relocated to Seongnae-dong parish church. • St. Joseph’s Clinic opened in 1961 – most poor people were treated for free. • On May 17, 1982, major repair including roof repair and painting was performed. • In 1985, glass windows were replaced • In 1988, internal facilities were improved (wooden floor was replaced with colored CONC, the zinc roof was replaced with cement tiles, baby room was newly constructed, and altar stone and sermon podium were replaced) • In December 1998, electric wires and glass were replaced