본문
홈으로첫번째 분류

  • 인쇄

보물 제1300호

합천 해인사 홍제암 (陜川 海印寺 弘濟庵)
해당 문화재의 정보입니다. 분류, 수량/면적, 지정(등록)일, 소재지, 시대, 소유자(소유단체), 관리자(관리단체)로 구분되어 있습니다.
분 류 유적건조물 / 종교신앙 / 불교 / 사찰
수량/면적 1동
지정(등록)일 2000.09.28
소 재 지 경남 합천군 가야면 해인사길 154, 홍제암 (치인리)
시 대 조선시대
소유자(소유단체) 해인사
관리자(관리단체) 홍제암

해인사에 속해 있는 암자로 임진왜란(1592)과 정유재란 때 승병장으로 큰 공을 세운 사명대사가 수도하다 세상을 떠난 곳이다. ‘홍제암’이라는 이름은 사명대사 입적 후 광해군이 내린 ‘자통홍제존자’라는 시호에서 따왔다. 광해군 6년(1614)에 혜구대사가 사명대사의 초상을 모시기 위해 건립하였으며, 1979년 10월에 해체·보수공사를 실시하였다.

법당과 생활공간의 기능을 겸한 인법당(因法堂) 형식의 건물 1동으로 되어 있으나 일반적인 인법당과는 달리 사명대사와 관련이 있는 여러 기능의 공간들이 한 곳에 모여있는 특이한 형태를 이루고 있다. 기본 평면은 工자형으로 가운데 법당을 중심으로 조사전, 영각, 홍각, 조실, 시자실 등이 있으며, 각각의 공간은 툇마루를 통해 모두 연결되고 있다.

경사진 대지를 이용하여 홍각과 지장전은 돌출된 누각형으로 만들고, 법당 및 다른 공간은 단층의 구조로 만드는 재미있는 공간 배치를 보여준다. 또한 지붕 처마를 받치기 위해 기둥 윗부분에 구성한 공포의 수법도 각 공간의 위계에 따라 달리 표현하였으며, 기둥과 기둥의 간격인 칸의 크기도 각 공간의 기능에 따라 각기 달리 하였다. 밖으로 노출된 기둥은 둥근기둥을 사용하고 안에 있는 기둥은 사각기둥으로 처리한 점도 특이하다.

합천 해인사 홍제암 사명대사탑 및 석장비(보물 제1301호)와 영정이 모셔져 있는 홍제암은 여러 기능의 공간이 하나의 건물 안에 모여있는 특이한 형태의 암자로, 각 공간의 위계와 기능에 따라 건물구조나 양식의 수법을 여러 형태로 표현하고 있어 역사적 의의 뿐만 아니라 건축적인 가치가 크다.

This Buddhist hermitage belonging to Haeinsa Temple is famous as the place where the Monk Samyeong who made a heroic contribution in defending Joseon from the invading Japanese during the late 16th century, leading his monk army, spent his final days. The name “Hongjeam” derives from ‘Jatong Hongje Jonja,’ the posthumous title bestowed on Monk Samyeong after his death by King Gwanghaegun. The hermitage was constructed in 1614 (the 6th year of King Gwanghaegun’s reign), on the initiative of Monk Hyegu, in homage to Monk Samyeong and to house a portrait of his. The hermitage was disassembled and rebuilt in October 1979. The hermitage consists of a single building which doubles as the place of worship and living quarters for monks. This building has a special floor plan in which all Samyeong-related rooms are located together in one area. In a floor plan in the shape of the letter H lying on one side, the worship room occupies the center with other rooms distributed around it, including Josajeon Hall, Yeonggak Hall, Honggak Hall, Josil Hall and Sijasil Hall. All rooms communicate with one another through a long wooden balcony that runs along the full length of the building. In this building constructed on a slanted ground, two end units – Honggak Hall and Jijangjeon Hall – rest on wooden pilotis and are slightly projected forward, while the worship room and other areas are directly at the ground level. Meanwhile, the brackets used to support the roof eaves vary in style, in a manner to reflect the hierarchy that exists between different spaces making up the building. The size of the kan, the unit of measurement referring to the distance between two columns, also varies depending on the function of each space. Also interesting is the fact that columns that are exposed are round in cross-section, while hidden columns are square in cross-section. As a site associated with Samyeong with a stupa and a stele dedicated to him (Treasure No. 1301) and his portrait, Hongjeam Hermitage of Haeinsa Temple is also remarkable for its original plan accommodating spaces with different functions within a single building and the structural and architectural details varying according to the hierarchical status of a given space. Hongjeam Hermitage is, therefore, as significant architecturally as it is significant historically.

海印寺内的庵子,壬辰倭乱(1592)和丁酉再乱时期,以僧兵长身份立下大功的四溟大师在此修道圆寂。“弘济庵”之名取自四溟大师圆寂后光海君赐予的“慈通弘济尊者”之谥号。光海君6年(1614)慧球大师为供奉四溟大师的肖像而建此庵,1979年10月实施拆装修复工程。供奉四溟大师浮屠、石藏碑(宝物第1301号)和影帧的弘济庵是集诸多功能于一体的特殊形态建筑,根据各空间的不同层次和机能,采用了不同的建筑结构和样式手法,不仅具有历史性意义,也具有重要的建筑性价值。

海印寺に属する庵で、壬辰倭乱(1592)と丁酉再乱の時に僧兵長として功績を挙げた泗溟大師が修道中に世を去った場所である。「弘済庵」という名前は、泗溟大師の入寂後に光海君が下した「慈通弘済尊者」という贈り名に倣って付けられたものである。光海君6年(1614)に慧球大師が泗溟大師の肖像を祭るために健立し、1979年10月に解体・補修工事を行った。泗溟大師浮屠及び石蔵碑(宝物第1301号)と肖像がある弘済庵は、様々な機能の空間が一つの建物の中に集まっている独特な形態の庵である。各空間の位階と機能によって、建物の構造や様式の手法を様々な形で表現しており、歴史的意義だけでなく建築的な価値も大きい。

해인사에 속해 있는 암자로 임진왜란(1592)과 정유재란 때 승병장으로 큰 공을 세운 사명대사가 수도하다 세상을 떠난 곳이다. ‘홍제암’이라는 이름은 사명대사 입적 후 광해군이 내린 ‘자통홍제존자’라는 시호에서 따왔다. 광해군 6년(1614)에 혜구대사가 사명대사의 초상을 모시기 위해 건립하였으며, 1979년 10월에 해체·보수공사를 실시하였다.

법당과 생활공간의 기능을 겸한 인법당(因法堂) 형식의 건물 1동으로 되어 있으나 일반적인 인법당과는 달리 사명대사와 관련이 있는 여러 기능의 공간들이 한 곳에 모여있는 특이한 형태를 이루고 있다. 기본 평면은 工자형으로 가운데 법당을 중심으로 조사전, 영각, 홍각, 조실, 시자실 등이 있으며, 각각의 공간은 툇마루를 통해 모두 연결되고 있다.

경사진 대지를 이용하여 홍각과 지장전은 돌출된 누각형으로 만들고, 법당 및 다른 공간은 단층의 구조로 만드는 재미있는 공간 배치를 보여준다. 또한 지붕 처마를 받치기 위해 기둥 윗부분에 구성한 공포의 수법도 각 공간의 위계에 따라 달리 표현하였으며, 기둥과 기둥의 간격인 칸의 크기도 각 공간의 기능에 따라 각기 달리 하였다. 밖으로 노출된 기둥은 둥근기둥을 사용하고 안에 있는 기둥은 사각기둥으로 처리한 점도 특이하다.

합천 해인사 홍제암 사명대사탑 및 석장비(보물 제1301호)와 영정이 모셔져 있는 홍제암은 여러 기능의 공간이 하나의 건물 안에 모여있는 특이한 형태의 암자로, 각 공간의 위계와 기능에 따라 건물구조나 양식의 수법을 여러 형태로 표현하고 있어 역사적 의의 뿐만 아니라 건축적인 가치가 크다.

내레이션

  • 한국어
  • 영어
  • 중국어
  • 일본어

도면

더보기

조사연구자료