본문
홈으로첫번째 분류

  • 인쇄

국가민속문화재 제77호

경주 양동마을 두곡 고택 (慶州 良洞마을 杜谷 古宅)
해당 문화재의 정보입니다. 분류, 수량/면적, 지정(등록)일, 소재지, 시대, 소유자(소유단체), 관리자(관리단체)로 구분되어 있습니다.
분 류 유적건조물 / 주거생활 / 주거건축 / 가옥
수량/면적 2필지/1,868㎡
지정(등록)일 1979.01.26
소 재 지 경북 경주시 강동면 양동마을길 152-9 (양동리)
시 대 조선시대
소유자(소유단체) 이기동
관리자(관리단체) 이지관
문화재 담당부서 : 근대문화재과- 상세문의

양동 마을 월성 손씨와 여강 이씨의 동족마을로, 넓은 안강평야에 오랜 전통을 지닌 여러 집들을 잘 보존하고 있는 곳이다. 이 집은 이언적 선생의 6대손 이제중 선생이 세운 집으로 훗날 이희태의 조부인 두곡 이조원이 사들여 지금은 그 후손들이 살고 있다.

조선 영조 9년(1733) 경에 지었고 이조원의 호를 따 '두곡고택'이라고도 한다. 남촌의 대표적 대가(大家)로 안채, 사랑채, 아래채가 튼 'ㅁ'자 기본 평면을 갖추고 있고 앞뒤로 딸린 건물들을 나누어 배치하였다.

집의 구성은 안채, 사랑채, 아래채 외에 대문채, 행랑채, 마구간, 방앗간으로 구분되어 있다. 대문채는 4칸 크기로 오른쪽 2칸은 광이고, 왼쪽 1칸은 문칸방이다. 대문을 들어서 왼쪽(서쪽)으로 있는 마구간은 지형상 서쪽이 낮고 허한 점을 보완하기 위해 터를 골라 지은 것이라고 한다.

사랑채는 앞면 5칸·옆면 1칸 크기로 대청 2칸, 방 2칸, 청지기방 1칸을 두었으며 아래채와 사랑채 사이에 중문(中門)을 설치하였다. 중문을 들어서면 왼편에 아래채, 오른편에 ㄱ자 평면을 가진 안채가 자리잡고 있다.

안채는 'ㄱ'자형으로 꺾이는 부분에 안방을 두었고 안방을 중심으로 왼쪽에 부엌이 있다. 안방 오른쪽으로 서울지방 양식인 안대청과 건넌방을 배치하였다. 아래채는 앞면 7칸·옆면 1칸 크기로 중문 옆에서부터 마루 1칸, 방 2칸, 부엌, 광, 온돌, 마루방을 각각 1칸씩 만들었다. 또한 안방 뒤쪽에 있는 행랑채는 곳간 2칸과 방 1칸으로 구성되어 있고 방앗간은 행랑채 왼쪽에 있다.

넓은 평지에 지세를 잘 이용하여 지은 큰 집으로 연구 가치가 많은 자료가 되고 있다.

지정 당시 명칭은 '양동이희태가옥(良洞李熙太家屋)' 이었으나 이준상이 1730년경 건립한 가옥으로 후에 두곡 이조원의 소유가 되어 '두곡 고택'이라 불려지고 있어 ‘양동 두곡 고택’으로 명칭을 변경(2007.1.29)하였다.

※ 위 문화재는 일반적으로 관람이 가능하나, 소유주 등의 개인적 사정으로 관람이 제한될 수도 있습니다.

As a family town of Wolseong Son’s Clan and Yeogang Yi’s Clan, Yangdong Village is where several houses with a long history have been well-kept in the wide Angang plains. This house was built by Yi Je-jung, the 6th-generation descendant of Yi Eon-jeok, and later purchased by Yi Jo-won, grandfather of Yi Hui-tae. His descendant is currently living in this house. This house was constructed in the 9th year of the reign of King Yeongjo of the Joseon Dynasty (1733) and called “Dugok House,” named after the pen-name of Yi Jo-won. As a representative big house in Namchon, it was built in the basic “□”-shaped layout, consisting of the anchae (women's quarters), sarangchae (men’s quarters), and araechae (outer quarters) as well as the rear and front buildings. The house also has the daemunchae (gate quarters), the haengnangchae (servants’ quarters), a stable, and a mill. The daemunchae measures 4 kan (a unit of measurement referring to the distance between two columns). The 2-kan room on the right is a storage shed, and the 1-kan room on the left is a room near the gate. The stable was built according to the principle of geomancy. The sarangchae measures 5 kan at the front and 1 kan at the sides. It consists of 2-kan daecheong (main wooden floor), 2 rooms, and 1 room for a butler. There is a mid-gate between the sarangchae and araechae. Walking through the mid-gate, one sees the araechae on the left, with the anchae built in the ㄱ-shaped layout on the right. The anchae has the master room at the corner area of the “ㄱ” layout. Centering on the master room, the kitchen is on the left side, with an inner daecheong and a room on the right as a typical arrangement of the Seoul area. The araechae measures 7 kan at the front and 1 kan at the sides. Next to the mid-gate are the 1-kan wooden floor, 2 rooms, a kitchen, a storage shed, a floor heater, and a wood-floored room. The haengnangchae at the back of the master room has two storage rooms and a room. A mill is on the left of the haengnangchae.This house was built considering the topographical feature of the area; hence its high research value. This house used to be called “Yi Hui-tae’s House in Yangdong” at the time of its designation as important folklore cultural heritage but was renamed “Dugok Historic House in Yangdong” since it was built by Yi Jun-sang in 1730 and owned by Yi Jo-won. It was called “Dugok’s Historic House,” named after the pen-name of Yi Jo-won (Jan. 29, 2007). ※ Viewing of the cultural property above is usually available anytime but may be limited depending on the owner’s personal circumstances.

良洞村是月城孙氏和骊江李氏的同族村,在辽阔的安康平原上完好地保存着历史悠久的多座古宅。这是李彦迪先生的六代孙李济仲先生建盖的房屋,其后由李熙太的翁-杜谷李祖源购买,现在由其后代住在这里。大约建于朝鲜英祖9年(1733),按李祖源的号,又名‘杜谷古宅’。在南村具有代表性的大宅,里间、舍廊、下房呈开口的‘ㅁ‘字形平面结构,前后连接的建筑物单独区分布置。房屋由里间、舍廊、下屋,以及大门间、行廊、马厩、磨房组成。大门间为4间大小,右侧2间是仓库,左侧1间是门间房。进入大门后左侧(西侧)的马厩,是为了弥补西侧较低、较虚的地势缺点而建盖的。舍廊为前面5间、侧面1间的大小,设有大厅两间、配房两间、仆人房1间,下房和舍廊中间设有中门。进入中门,左侧有下房,右侧有平面呈ㄱ字形的里间。里间为‘ㄱ'字形,在弯角处设有里屋,以里屋为中心,左侧有厨房。里屋右侧是具有首尔地区样式的内大厅和对面房。下屋是前面7间、侧面1间大小,从中门旁边依次是地板1间、配房两间、厨房、库房、地炕房、地板房各1间。此外,里屋后面的厢房由仓库两间和配房1间构成,磨房位于行廊左侧。这座房屋是在广阔的平原上合理运用地势建盖而成的规模庞大的住宅,具有很高的研究价值。指定当时名为‘良洞李熙太家屋’,但由于是李浚相于1730年左右建造的房屋,后来归杜谷李祖源所有,被称为‘杜谷古宅’,所以将名称改为了‘良洞杜谷古宅’。(2007.1.29)

양동 마을 월성 손씨와 여강 이씨의 동족마을로, 넓은 안강평야에 오랜 전통을 지닌 여러 집들을 잘 보존하고 있는 곳이다. 이 집은 이언적 선생의 6대손 이제중 선생이 세운 집으로 훗날 이희태의 조부인 두곡 이조원이 사들여 지금은 그 후손들이 살고 있다.

조선 영조 9년(1733) 경에 지었고 이조원의 호를 따 '두곡고택'이라고도 한다. 남촌의 대표적 대가(大家)로 안채, 사랑채, 아래채가 튼 'ㅁ'자 기본 평면을 갖추고 있고 앞뒤로 딸린 건물들을 나누어 배치하였다.

집의 구성은 안채, 사랑채, 아래채 외에 대문채, 행랑채, 마구간, 방앗간으로 구분되어 있다. 대문채는 4칸 크기로 오른쪽 2칸은 광이고, 왼쪽 1칸은 문칸방이다. 대문을 들어서 왼쪽(서쪽)으로 있는 마구간은 지형상 서쪽이 낮고 허한 점을 보완하기 위해 터를 골라 지은 것이라고 한다.

사랑채는 앞면 5칸·옆면 1칸 크기로 대청 2칸, 방 2칸, 청지기방 1칸을 두었으며 아래채와 사랑채 사이에 중문(中門)을 설치하였다. 중문을 들어서면 왼편에 아래채, 오른편에 ㄱ자 평면을 가진 안채가 자리잡고 있다.

안채는 'ㄱ'자형으로 꺾이는 부분에 안방을 두었고 안방을 중심으로 왼쪽에 부엌이 있다. 안방 오른쪽으로 서울지방 양식인 안대청과 건넌방을 배치하였다. 아래채는 앞면 7칸·옆면 1칸 크기로 중문 옆에서부터 마루 1칸, 방 2칸, 부엌, 광, 온돌, 마루방을 각각 1칸씩 만들었다. 또한 안방 뒤쪽에 있는 행랑채는 곳간 2칸과 방 1칸으로 구성되어 있고 방앗간은 행랑채 왼쪽에 있다.

넓은 평지에 지세를 잘 이용하여 지은 큰 집으로 연구 가치가 많은 자료가 되고 있다.

지정 당시 명칭은 '양동이희태가옥(良洞李熙太家屋)' 이었으나 이준상이 1730년경 건립한 가옥으로 후에 두곡 이조원의 소유가 되어 '두곡 고택'이라 불려지고 있어 ‘양동 두곡 고택’으로 명칭을 변경(2007.1.29)하였다.

※ 위 문화재는 일반적으로 관람이 가능하나, 소유주 등의 개인적 사정으로 관람이 제한될 수도 있습니다.

내레이션

  • 한국어
  • 영어
  • 중국어