본문

문화재 검색

  • 인쇄

사적 제237호

서울 경모궁지 (서울 景慕宮址)
해당 문화재의 정보입니다. 분류, 수량/면적, 지정(등록)일, 소재지, 시대, 소유자(소유단체), 관리자(관리단체)로 구분되어 있습니다.
분 류 유적건조물 / 주거생활 / 조경건축 / 원
수량/면적 4,144㎡
지정(등록)일 1973.08.14
소 재 지 서울 종로구 연건동 28-2번지
시 대 조선시대
소유자(소유단체)  
관리자(관리단체) 종로구 
문화재 담당부서 : 보존정책과- 상세문의

함춘원은 조선시대의 정원으로 지금의 서울대학교 의과대학 부속병원이 위치한 곳이다.

『동국여지비고』에는 창경궁의 동쪽, 경희궁 개양문의 남쪽 등에 있는 궁궐의 정원 이름이 함춘원이라고 기록되어 있으나 그중 그 입지나 규모로 보아 가장 대표적인 것은 창경궁 동쪽의 것이다.

함춘원은 성종 15년(1484)에 창경궁을 짓고, 풍수지리설에 의해 이곳에 나무를 심고 담장을 둘러 그곳에 관계없는 사람의 출입을 금하였던 것에서 시작되었으며, 성종 24년(1493)년에 정식으로 이름이 붙여져 창경궁에 딸린 정원이 되었다.

연산군 때에는 함춘원 밖의 백성들의 집을 없애고 확장하였으며, 군대를 배치하여 일반인의 통행을 금하고 대문을 만들었다. 그 후 중종은 백성들을 다시 돌아와 살게 하였다. 임진왜란 때에는 덕빈의 시신을 임시로 묻는 등 점차 관리가 소홀해졌으며, 인조 때에는 함춘원의 절반을 태복사에 나눠주었다. 이후 140여년간 말을 기르는 장소로 사용되었다.

영조 40년(1764)에는 사도세자의 사당을 이곳으로 옮겨지었고, 정조가 즉위하자 이곳을 경모궁으로 불렀으며, 정조 9년(1785)에는 이 일대를 정비하였다. 광무 3년(1899)에 경모궁에 있던 장조 즉 사도세자의 위패를 종묘로 옮기면서 경모궁은 그 기능을 잃게 되었으며, 경모궁도 경모전으로 이름을 고쳤다. 광무 4년(1900)에는 경모궁 터에 6성조 즉 태조·세조·성종·숙종·영조·순조의 초상을 모시던 영희전을 옮겨 세웠다.

그 뒤 일제가 나라를 강점한 후 경모궁 일대에 경성제국대학이 세워지면서 원래의 모습을 대부분 잃어버렸으며, 한국전쟁으로 인해 옛 건물이 불타 원래의 모습을 볼 수 없게 되었다.

함춘원은 조선 후기의 세련된 건물 중 하나이며, 현재 남아있는 유적은 함춘문 뿐이다.



※(함춘원지 → 서울 경모궁지)으로 명칭변경 되었습니다. (2011.07.28 고시)

At first, the site where Gyeongmogung was located had been called Hamchunwon Garden. Hamchunwon is one of the gardens founded in the age of the Joseon Dynasty, and is at present located in the grounds of Seoul National University Hospital. According to Dongguk yeojibigo (Reference on the Geography of Korea), gardens of the east of Changgyeonggung Palace, and at the south of Gaeyangmun Gate of Gyeonghuigung Palace were named Hamchunwon, but the most typical one in view of its location and scale, was that at the east of Changgyeonggung Palace. Hamchunwon originated in the 15th year of the reign of King Seongjong of the Joseon Dynasty (1484), when Changgyeonggung Palace was built. Trees were planted, and a fence put in place in accordance with the theory of feng shui, and people who had nothing to do with the palace were forbidden to enter. Later, in the 24th year of the reign of King Seongjong (1493), it was given its official name, and attached to Changgyeonggung Palace. In the reign of King Yeonsangun the garden was expanded by driving out private houses. A large gate was built and a military force stationed to control access. Later, King Jungjong allowed people to live there once again. During the Japanese invasion of Korea in 1592 the maintenance of the garden was overlooked to allow the temporary burial of Crown Princess Deokbin. Later, in the reign of King Injo (1623–1649), half of its area was shared by Taeboksa (The Royal Stable Administration), and the garden was used for grazing horses for the next 140 years. In the 40th year of King Yeongjo’s reign (1764) a shrine built for Prince Sado was moved here, called Gyeongmogung Shrine when King Jeongjo succeeded the throne. It was renovated extensively in the 9th year of his reign (1785). But Gyeongmogung came to losing its function as a shrine when the Jangjo, the tablet of Prince Sado, was moved to Jongmyo Shrine in the 3rd year of King Gwangmu’s reign (1899), and its name was accordingly changed to Gyeongmojeon Hall. In the 4th year of Gwangmu’s reign Yeonghuijeon Hall, which housed the portraits of six kings, Taejo, Sejo, Seongjong, Sukjong, Yeongjo, and Sunjo, was moved to this site and rebuilt. Later Gyeongseong Imperial University was built in the palace area, as a result of which the palace lost its original features, a process completed by the burning down of the old buildings during the Korean War. Hamchunwon was one of the splendid creations of the latter years of the Joseon Dynasty, but the only part of its heritage remaining is the Hamchunmun Gate.

含春苑是朝鲜时代的庭院,如今是首尔大学医科大学附属医院的所在地。根据《东国舆地备考》中的记载,在昌庆宫东侧、庆熙宫开阳门南侧的宫殿庭院名为含春苑,但就选址和规模来看,最具代表性的就是昌庆宫东面的部分。成宗15年(1484)修建昌庆宫后按照风水地理学说开始在此植树围墙,并禁止外部人员出入,含春苑便起源于此,成宗24年(1493)正式命名后成为了附属于昌庆宫的庭院。含春苑为朝鲜后期的时尚建筑之一,现在仅有含春门尚存。

含春苑は朝鮮時代の庭園で、現在はソウル大学医学部の付属病院になっている。『東国輿地備攷』によると昌慶宮の東側、慶煕宮開陽門の南側などにある宮廷の庭園の名前が含春門と記されているが、その中で立地や規模からみて最も代表的なものは昌慶宮の東側のものである。含春苑は、成宗15年(1484)に昌慶宮が建てられ、風水地理説に基づいてここに木を植えて塀を巡らし、関係者以外の出入りを禁止したことから始まり、成宗24年(1493)に正式に名前が付けられ、昌慶宮に付属した庭園になった。含春門は朝鮮時代後期の洗練した建物の一つで、現在残っている遺跡は含春門だけである。

함춘원은 조선시대의 정원으로 지금의 서울대학교 의과대학 부속병원이 위치한 곳이다.

『동국여지비고』에는 창경궁의 동쪽, 경희궁 개양문의 남쪽 등에 있는 궁궐의 정원 이름이 함춘원이라고 기록되어 있으나 그중 그 입지나 규모로 보아 가장 대표적인 것은 창경궁 동쪽의 것이다.

함춘원은 성종 15년(1484)에 창경궁을 짓고, 풍수지리설에 의해 이곳에 나무를 심고 담장을 둘러 그곳에 관계없는 사람의 출입을 금하였던 것에서 시작되었으며, 성종 24년(1493)년에 정식으로 이름이 붙여져 창경궁에 딸린 정원이 되었다.

연산군 때에는 함춘원 밖의 백성들의 집을 없애고 확장하였으며, 군대를 배치하여 일반인의 통행을 금하고 대문을 만들었다. 그 후 중종은 백성들을 다시 돌아와 살게 하였다. 임진왜란 때에는 덕빈의 시신을 임시로 묻는 등 점차 관리가 소홀해졌으며, 인조 때에는 함춘원의 절반을 태복사에 나눠주었다. 이후 140여년간 말을 기르는 장소로 사용되었다.

영조 40년(1764)에는 사도세자의 사당을 이곳으로 옮겨지었고, 정조가 즉위하자 이곳을 경모궁으로 불렀으며, 정조 9년(1785)에는 이 일대를 정비하였다. 광무 3년(1899)에 경모궁에 있던 장조 즉 사도세자의 위패를 종묘로 옮기면서 경모궁은 그 기능을 잃게 되었으며, 경모궁도 경모전으로 이름을 고쳤다. 광무 4년(1900)에는 경모궁 터에 6성조 즉 태조·세조·성종·숙종·영조·순조의 초상을 모시던 영희전을 옮겨 세웠다.

그 뒤 일제가 나라를 강점한 후 경모궁 일대에 경성제국대학이 세워지면서 원래의 모습을 대부분 잃어버렸으며, 한국전쟁으로 인해 옛 건물이 불타 원래의 모습을 볼 수 없게 되었다.

함춘원은 조선 후기의 세련된 건물 중 하나이며, 현재 남아있는 유적은 함춘문 뿐이다.



※(함춘원지 → 서울 경모궁지)으로 명칭변경 되었습니다. (2011.07.28 고시)

내레이션

  • 한국어
  • 영어
  • 중국어
  • 일본어