본문
홈으로첫번째 분류

  • 인쇄

보물 제662호

완주 화암사 우화루 (完州 花巖寺 雨花樓)
해당 문화재의 정보입니다. 분류, 수량/면적, 지정(등록)일, 소재지, 시대, 소유자(소유단체), 관리자(관리단체)로 구분되어 있습니다.
분 류 유적건조물 / 종교신앙 / 불교 / 각루
수량/면적 1동
지정(등록)일 1980.06.11
소 재 지 전북 완주군 경천면 화암사길 271 (가천리)
시 대 조선시대 초기
소유자(소유단체) 화암사 
관리자(관리단체) 화암사 
문화재 담당부서 : 유형문화재과- 상세문의

화암사는 불명산 시루봉 남쪽에 있는 절로 본사인 금산사에 딸린 절이다. 절을 지을 당시의 자세한 기록은 없으나 원효와 의상이 유학하고 돌아와 수도하였다는 기록으로 보아 신라 문무왕 이전에 지은 것으로 보인다. 1981년 해체·수리 때 발견한 기록으로 조선 숙종 37년(1711)까지 여러번에 걸쳐 수리가 있었음을 알 수 있었다.

우화루는 화암사 경내에 있는 극락전 정문과 같은 성격의 누이다. 지금 있는 건물은 조선 광해군 3년(1611)에 세운 것으로 그 뒤에도 여러 차례 수리한 건물이다.

규모는 앞면 3칸·옆면 2칸이며 지붕은 옆면에서 볼 때 사람 인(人)자 모양을 한 맞배지붕으로 꾸몄다. 지붕 처마를 받치기 위해 장식하여 만든 공포는 기둥 위뿐만 아니라 기둥 사이에도 있는 다포 양식이다. 1층은 기둥을 세워서 바깥과 통하게 하고, 뒤쪽에는 2층 마룻바닥을 땅과 거의 같게 놓아 건물 앞쪽에서는 2층이지만 안쪽에서는 1층집으로 보이게 한 건물이다.

Hwaamsa Temple is located to the south of Sirubong Peak, Bulmyeongsan Mountain. It originally belonged to the main temple, Geumsansa. Although no specific record remains about the foundation year of this temple, it is believed to have been built before the reign of King Munmu of Silla, based on one record that shows Wonhyo and Uisang practiced asceticism here after studying abroad. Uisangdaesa, a Buddhist grand master, brought the seed of a tree with him when he returned from abroad, and this happened to be reported to the Chinese Tang emperor because of its unique scent. Therefore, an envoy brought the same seed again and it was planted in the courtyard of the palace. This is the story of how the temple has this name, Hwaamsa (hwa means a flower). They say that Seong Dalsaeng rebuilt the temple during the reign of King Sejong the Great after several phases of renovation. Another record, found in 1981, says that it was rebuilt many times up to 1711, the 37th year of King Sukjong’s reign. Uhwaru is a kind of Buddhist sanctum inside Hwaamsa and its function is very similar to the main gate of Geungnakjeon. The pavilion is built on a high hill or on a pedestal piled up with stone or soil, also called nudae. The present building dates from 1611, the third year of the reign of King Gwanghaegun of Joseon, but its appearance has not changed greatly since then even though it has been repaired several times. Uhwaru is a two story nugak building with three front spaces and two side spaces, and is supposed to be erected in front of the temple. its roofline called matbaejibung, resembles a caret looking from the side. There is a pillar in the first floor making it possible to pass to the outside. In addition it has a very particular structure in that it looks like a two-story building from the front but like a flat building from the inside because its wooden floor on the second story has been set up level with the ground. From the delicate and graceful skill of its carving, it is assumed that Uhwaru was constructed in the early or mid Joseon Dynasty.

花岩寺位于佛明山甑峰南侧,是附属于本寺金山寺的寺院。建造当时的详细记录不复存在,但从元晓和义湘留学返回后在此修道的记录来看,可知是新罗文武王以前建造的楼阁。从1981年拆装修缮此楼阁时发现的记录可知,朝鲜肃宗37年(1711)之前此楼阁几经修缮。房间规模是面阔3间、进深2间。房顶是从侧面看呈人字形的悬山式屋顶。支撑房顶屋檐装饰性栱包位于柱子之上及柱子和柱子之间,采用了多包样式。此建筑一层立有柱子,与外面相通,后面二层地板几乎与地面同高,建筑正面看似二层,内部却是一层。

花岩寺は仏明山シル峰の南側にある寺で、本寺である金山寺に付いている寺である。寺を建てた当時の詳しい記録はないが、元暁と義湘が留学から戻って修道したという記録から、新羅文武王以前に建てられたと考えられる。1981年の解体∙修理の際に発見したという記録から、朝鮮粛宗37年(1711)まで何度か修理が行われたことがわかる。規模は前面3間、横面2間で、屋根は横面からみて八の字型の切妻屋根である。屋根軒を支えるために装飾して作った栱包が柱の上だけでなく、柱の間にもある多包様式である。一階は柱を立てて外と通るようにし、後ろ側には二階の床を地面とほとんど同じように立てたため、建物の外からは二階に見えるが、中からは一階に見える。

화암사는 불명산 시루봉 남쪽에 있는 절로 본사인 금산사에 딸린 절이다. 절을 지을 당시의 자세한 기록은 없으나 원효와 의상이 유학하고 돌아와 수도하였다는 기록으로 보아 신라 문무왕 이전에 지은 것으로 보인다. 1981년 해체·수리 때 발견한 기록으로 조선 숙종 37년(1711)까지 여러번에 걸쳐 수리가 있었음을 알 수 있었다.

우화루는 화암사 경내에 있는 극락전 정문과 같은 성격의 누이다. 지금 있는 건물은 조선 광해군 3년(1611)에 세운 것으로 그 뒤에도 여러 차례 수리한 건물이다.

규모는 앞면 3칸·옆면 2칸이며 지붕은 옆면에서 볼 때 사람 인(人)자 모양을 한 맞배지붕으로 꾸몄다. 지붕 처마를 받치기 위해 장식하여 만든 공포는 기둥 위뿐만 아니라 기둥 사이에도 있는 다포 양식이다. 1층은 기둥을 세워서 바깥과 통하게 하고, 뒤쪽에는 2층 마룻바닥을 땅과 거의 같게 놓아 건물 앞쪽에서는 2층이지만 안쪽에서는 1층집으로 보이게 한 건물이다.

내레이션

  • 한국어
  • 영어
  • 중국어
  • 일본어