본문
홈으로첫번째 분류

  • 인쇄

보물 제3호

서울 원각사지 대원각사비 (서울 圓覺寺址 大圓覺寺碑)
해당 문화재의 정보입니다. 분류, 수량/면적, 지정(등록)일, 소재지, 시대, 소유자(소유단체), 관리자(관리단체)로 구분되어 있습니다.
분 류 기록유산 / 서각류 / 금석각류 / 비
수량/면적 1기
지정(등록)일 1963.01.21
소 재 지 서울 종로구 종로2가 38-3번지 탑골공원
시 대 조선시대
소유자(소유단체) 국유 
관리자(관리단체) 종로구 
문화재 담당부서 : 유형문화재과- 상세문의

원각사의 창건 내력을 적은 비로, 조선 성종 2년(1471)에 건립되었다. 원각사는 탑골공원 자리에 있던 절로 조선시대 태조가 한양에 도읍을 정할 때 조계종의 본절로 세웠다. 조계종이 없어지자 관아로 사용되다가 세조가 간경도감에서『원각경 (圓覺經)』을 번역하고, 회암사 사리탑에서 사리를 나누어온 것을 기념하기 위하여 이곳에 다시 원각사를 짓고 10층 사리탑을 세웠다.

비는 머릿돌을 따로 얹지 않고 비몸돌 위를 두 마리의 용이 감싸듯 표현되어 있어 복고적인 형식을 따르고 있다.

비를 지고 있는 돌거북은 둔중한 몸체로 머리는 목을 표현하지 않고 앞으로 나와 있다. 등무늬는 육각형이 아닌 사다리꼴 평행세선을 새겼으며, 등 중앙에는 연잎조각을, 꼬리와 다리에는 물고기 비늘을 조각해 놓아 조선시대 조각미의 독특한 형태를 잘 보여주고 있다.

비몸돌 위로는 보주(寶珠:연꽃봉오리모양의 장식)를 드는 두 마리의 용이 조각되었으며, 조각 아래의 가운데에는 ‘대원각사지비 (大圓覺寺之碑)’라는 비의 이름이 강희맹의 글씨로 새겨져 있다.

비문은 당대 명신들이 짓고 썼는데, 앞면의 비문은 김수온, 성임, 뒷면의 추기는 서거정, 정난종이 각각 짓고 썼다.

This stele, inscribed with details concerning the foundation of Wongaksa Temple, was erected in 1471 (the 2nd year of the reign of King Seongjong of the Joseon Dynasty). Originally occupying the site of the present-day Tapgol Park in Seoul, Wongaksa Temple was built as the main temple of the Jogye Order when King Taejo, the founder and first king of the new Joseon Dynasty, decided to use Seoul as his capital. However, following the disappearance of the Jogye Order, the temple building began to be used as a government office. The temple was later rebuilt to commemorate the translation of Mahavaipulya-purnabudha Sutra by the Gangyeongdogam (Directorate of Buddhist Publications) and the acquisition of sarira from the stupa at Hoeamsa Temple. A ten-story stone pagoda was also built at the site around the same time. The stele follows the traditional style, in which the top of the stele (without a roof stone) is decorated with two dragons as if wrapped around its main body. The stone base of the stele resembles a tortoise with a heavy body and protruding head, and features a trapezoidal - rather than the more typical hexagonal - pattern on its back. The lotus leaves engraved on the middle of the back, and the fish scales on the tail and legs exhibit the unique beauty of sculptural works of the Joseon Dynasty. The top of the main stone is carved with an image of two dragons supporting a large lotus bud, beneath which the name of the stele (Daewongaksajibi) is inscribed in the calligraphic style of Gang Hui-maeng, a renowned calligraphic artist of the era. The stele’s inscriptions were composed by famous scholars such as Kim Su-on and Seong Im, who wrote those on the front, and Seo Geo-jeong and Jeong Nan-jong, who wrote those on the back.

记录了圆觉寺创建历程的这尊碑修建于朝鲜成宗2年(1471)。圆觉寺曾位于塔骨公园内,朝鲜时代太祖定都汉阳时将它建成了曹溪宗的本寺。曹溪宗消失之后这里被用作官衙,世宗在刊经都监里翻译了«圆觉经»,为纪念从华严寺舍利塔中分出的舍利,在此重建了圆觉寺和一座十三层的舍利塔。碑文由当时的名臣撰写,正面碑文由金守温、成任撰写,背面追记则由徐居正、郑兰宗撰写。

円覚寺の創建由来が綴られた碑で、朝鮮成宗2年(1471)に建てられた。円覚寺はタプコル公園の場所にあった寺で、朝鮮時代に太祖が漢城を首都と定めた時に、曹渓宗の本寺として建てられた。曹渓宗がなくなると官庁として使用されたが、その後世祖が刊経都監で『円覚経』を翻訳し、檜巌寺の舎利塔から舎利を分けて持ってきたことを記念するために、この場所に再び円覚寺を建て、十三重舎利塔も建てた。碑文は当代の名臣等が書いたもので、前面の碑文は金守温と成任、後面の追記は徐居正と鄭蘭宗によって書かれた。

원각사의 창건 내력을 적은 비로, 조선 성종 2년(1471)에 건립되었다. 원각사는 탑골공원 자리에 있던 절로 조선시대 태조가 한양에 도읍을 정할 때 조계종의 본절로 세웠다. 조계종이 없어지자 관아로 사용되다가 세조가 간경도감에서『원각경 (圓覺經)』을 번역하고, 회암사 사리탑에서 사리를 나누어온 것을 기념하기 위하여 이곳에 다시 원각사를 짓고 10층 사리탑을 세웠다.

비는 머릿돌을 따로 얹지 않고 비몸돌 위를 두 마리의 용이 감싸듯 표현되어 있어 복고적인 형식을 따르고 있다.

비를 지고 있는 돌거북은 둔중한 몸체로 머리는 목을 표현하지 않고 앞으로 나와 있다. 등무늬는 육각형이 아닌 사다리꼴 평행세선을 새겼으며, 등 중앙에는 연잎조각을, 꼬리와 다리에는 물고기 비늘을 조각해 놓아 조선시대 조각미의 독특한 형태를 잘 보여주고 있다.

비몸돌 위로는 보주(寶珠:연꽃봉오리모양의 장식)를 드는 두 마리의 용이 조각되었으며, 조각 아래의 가운데에는 ‘대원각사지비 (大圓覺寺之碑)’라는 비의 이름이 강희맹의 글씨로 새겨져 있다.

비문은 당대 명신들이 짓고 썼는데, 앞면의 비문은 김수온, 성임, 뒷면의 추기는 서거정, 정난종이 각각 짓고 썼다.

내레이션

  • 한국어
  • 영어
  • 중국어
  • 일본어